Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our baby boy

We found out we are expecting a boy! As soon as we could tell in the sonogram, I was kind of in awe - like really, a boy? I was even more thankful to see that little boy squirming and moving so much on the screen. I have not felt this baby move as much as I did the girls, if at all. And although I tried not to worry, and to trust all was in God's hands, in the back of my mind I was worried. Life is so fragile (yet so complex and has the will to survive). But I know that life is temporary, and that it is not guaranteed. Having gone through a miscarriage and having so many I know go through a miscarriage or even inability to have children, I often struggle with the whys and reluctance to give my children completely to the Lord. Or even when I hear about bad things that happen to children. Why would God allow such an evil thing to a child so helpless and unable to defend themselves? Yes, I know there is evil and sin in the world, but still I struggle with this at times. When I confessed my unfaithfulness to trust God with our kids to my husband, he looked at me bewildered, and asked what else would we do? We have no control. Only God does. He is the Creator of the world, and the Maker of each fiber of me and my children, so why wouldn't I completely trust Him with His children? And with that, I realized that he was right. God is God, and He is ultimately in control. But to see him kick and move and toss his hands back and forth, I was so thankful and relieved that he was alive and that his heart was beating.

We are probably going to name him Calvin Locke. Calvin is Taylor's grandfather's name, and Locke is my dad's middle name. So Calvin Locke Norton, I think a pretty strong name. I am super excited to meet him. I have not been taking pictures of my "belly progress", and I hope he isn't offended. I don't think he will be, and it is silly of me to think of something so insignificant as that, but I feel kind of bad. The whole next child without as many pictures thing going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment