Sunday, December 11, 2011
My night while my husband was away
Thought I would share this. This was a couple of weeks ago while Taylor went to band practice. He leaves after dinner. I get kids cleaned up, and think no to the baths tonight. just a video night. So, I get to washing dishes, and Ellie runs in yelling POTTY. So I say okay let's go potty! And begin to rush her to the potty. Oh no...she had already GONE potty, and as go down the hallway, there is a MASSIVE puddle, and Gemma is playing in it. Oh yes. So I decide bath time it is. Throw both kids in the bath. I take Gemma out to get her dressed first. And tell Ellie not to throw water out of the tub. Of course I know yeah right. So I run to get Gemma dressed and come back and there is a pool of water on the floor. Palm to the face. So give her a swat. Then go to get another towel to clean up, come back and Ellie is pouring more water on Gemma and her nice clean DRY pajamas. AAHHH!! So give Ellie another swat. DRAIN TUB. Change Gemma, and put her in the crib much to her dislike. Then go and get Ellie and get her in pajamas. Meanwhile Gemma has pulled herself up to the standing position! Yay! Go Gemma! SO I hurry to celebrate with her. Then I went to get Ellie's blanket, come back and Ellie is saying oh potty and pulling her pants down. I try to tell her not to worry she is wearing a diaper, but she pulls her pants off, and much to my dismay....oh no she isn't because mom forgot to put on her diaper. So now pee all over the rug and floor. So after throwing both kids into bed both screaming and I sit down. I think okay that was all kinda funny. So I went and read books and sang to Ellie and then went and did the same with Gemma. How single parents or one parent does it while their spouse is deployed is beyond me. That was crazy and one night was enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment