Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Two

Ellie is now 2 weeks and 1 day old. Time is going by super quick. As I was kind of complaining to myself about the huge amount of lack of sleep (my own fault really for not sleeping when Ellie is sleeping) and her fussiness (which isn't bad at all), God used a facebook comment to remind me to enjoy every single second of it because it doesn't last long. It is so true! So I am going to enjoy every single second of it, because it doesn't last long. She is already growing so fast. Pretty soon she will be holding her head up and making sounds. Even in her fussiness, I am going to enjoy it because God does call us to rejoice in all circumstances, and she is really cute.

Now I talk about her fussiness, but she really only has one fussy time, and it is after her last feeding of the night. Strange. It does make it hard though cuz that is when Taylor and I are the most exhausted. We are learning.

Her two week check up went great! She has gained an entire pound since leaving the hospital. Her birth weight was 6.13, she left the hospital at 6.5, and now she is 7.8. Yay!! She is growing! She is almost out of some of her clothes, which means she can now fit into some other clothes!

Nana (Taylor's mom) arrived last night! So that is super exciting. Already having a lot of fun! More snuggle time for Ellie :) Papa arrives on Sunday to meet baby girl. So we should be having lots of fun the next couple of weeks, and I can get a little bit more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment