I have been so consumed with trying to get Ellie on the perfect schedule that I forget that she is only a little over two weeks old and is hello! a baby. I realized yesterday that I had been living in fear. Fear that I am not going to do things right. Fear that she is going to "snack" with her feeding. Fear that we won't achieve my goal.
Taylor and I decided that we were going to do things the "Babywise" way. Babywise is a GREAT book about how to train your baby to sleep through the night by 8-12 weeks old. However, I strayed from the book because I was trying so hard to achieve everything within a few weeks time (with the exception of getting her to sleep through the night). But I strayed from the fact that it is way MORE than okay to snuggle snuggle snuggle Ellie. God is definitely teaching me love and patience, and even expectations. The same way you can't expect your spouse to be perfect once you get married, you can't expect perfection from your child. I know it is silly to talk about this because Ellie is only a couple of weeks old. But it is a definite lesson to learn, and definitely one I am glad God is speaking to me on now, because it will matter later as Ellie grows older and pursues interests of her own. Man, it is still weird to think that Taylor and I are parents now and we have a DAUGHTER! Man, I am enjoying God and his blessings.
The past couple of nights we have been getting much needed rest. Nanna has been watching her at night and bringing her to me when she is hungry. Taylor and I were also able to go on a date tonight. Originally we were going to go see The Book of Eli, but it was sold out so we went to eat some sushi and dessert at GZ's. It was really nice :)
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




*huuug* I understand. . . Our desires to do everything "right" so easily cloud our vision, and lead to the fear you describe.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your little one!