Monday, April 30, 2012

Calvin Locke Norton

Calvin Locke Norton April 20, 2012 10:14 a.m. 7 lb 14 oz 21-3/4" Our son is here!! This is to share our labor story. On Wednesday night, we met my parents half way to their house to meet up for dinner, and give them the girls to take to their house. My mom was so sweet and offered to take them for a few days so that Taylor and I could relax and be a couple for a few days before baby boy comes. We enjoyed a good dinner, and the girls did so good at the restaurant, yes I like to brag at this because sometimes (more often than not), it doesn't go so well and we spend most of the time disciplining. But we enjoyed dinner and it was wonderful! I kissed the girls a million times before they left. As much as I was looking forward to a day to myself, I knew I would miss them. On Thursday, April 19, I enjoyed the day cleaning up our room, clearing off the changing table, getting his bed ready, catching up on Hulu, and doing absolutely anything I wanted to do. I went to the doctor, and I was a 3 and 50% effaced. Could mean something, or nothing at all. I went to my friend Angie's place, and walked on the treadmill and watched with jealousy as her and another friend worked their booties off!! I think I burned calories just watching them. Then afterwards we went and got some VICTORY SODA (as Ang calls it haha)! A route 44 Dr. Pepper for me. And Angie called it - right at 4 in the morning on Thursday - I started having contractions. They were about 10 minutes apart. I got out of bed at 5 in the morning and asked Taylor if he would watch a show with me. They kept coming and were closer together the more I moved. Made the call to my "doulas" Angie and Beth at like 6:30 when they were like 5 minutes apart. So they came over. They were getting closer together and were like 3 minutes apart at 7:30 in the morning. I started to get nauseous, and we took that as a hint to get to the hospital. We got checked in by like 8, and I was at a 6, which I was okay with because I wasn't a 4. The doctor asked if I wanted her to break my water, which I declined. The contractions got pretty bad. I asked if I could not be hooked up, which they allowed me to be free of all the lines for a while. I thought my water was never going to break! That was the hardest part for me - having all these intense contractions and my water staying intact. At like 10 in the morning I had a bad contraction hopped up real quick to my knees, and then my water broke! What a relief! I felt so much better after that happened. Then I kept telling the nurse that I think I had to push. The same thing happened as it did with Gemma where I was not fully dilated, so they did not want me pushing. I told her I was going to push, and she kept telling me to wait and not push, and then she left go get the doctor. Next thing I know, Taylor is right there holding his head, and then nurse came in and looked at me frantically like do I stay and deliver this baby or go get the doctor? She left again, and so it was just Taylor holding Calvin's head while the doctor came in. I pushed the rest of him out as the doctor was getting her gloves on...crazy!! There he was! Perfect! He didn't cry at first, and I asked the nurse if he was alive, which they replied yes. :) Calvin is a pretty chill little dude. You blink and your little baby is already weeks old. As I am finishing this up - he is 10 days old!! What?!?! He is pretty easy right now - knock on wood. He just eats and sleeps....hardly cries...he does have a grunt. I love him. The girls love him too. Ellie calls him baby brudda, and Gemma says baybay. They like to give him hugs and kisses and bring things to him, like his blanket and toys. I am nervous as all get out to have the three of them by myself. So far, my mom has been here...and oh my has it been a blessing. I am a grateful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment