Monday, October 10, 2011

Sleep when babies sleep is a MUST

So last week was exhausting and hard, but I got through it. I guess it all started the Friday before. Not only was my nausea through the roof, but my allergies had kicked into full swing, I couldn't breathe through my nose at all, my body ached, and I was just plain miserable. I wanted to sleep all day, and I probably could too. One hard thing about being a stay-at-home mom is that you do not really get a sick day. (I am not intending to exclude working moms, I am just speaking as a SAH mom, because that's what I am.) My girls saw me throw so many fits that day...I was acting like such a baby. I did a lot of apologizing, mostly to Ellie, for much of my behavior and crying fits. Of course, I spent a lot of time over the toilet, and bless Ellie's heart, she hugged my leg, and just repeated "I sorry..I sorry.." I called Taylor and was just "come home please!" Bless his heart, he made it work, and came home a couple hours early from work, and what a help that was! I was feeling much better and less like a crazy person after a much needed nap. My friend brought her kids over, and the kids just had a blast playing with chalk and in the dirt.

The next week (last week) was just difficult... I could not wait for nap time, I didn't have any energy, and it was definitely a video type of day every day. I am so thankful for my girls though and just the joy that they are. Ellie snuggled with me and gave me so many hugs. Gems was just a good girl, nothing too crazy.

They are really starting to play together and it is awesome. It makes my heart happy. Gemma definitely has a bit of temper. I remember Ellie getting upset about taking something away from her that she wanted, but Gems grunts and furrows her brow. It will be interesting to watch her grow. The "discipline" has now started with her because she is CRAWLING now! And getting into EVERYTHING, and her favorite is paper! GROSS! Wet paper is like the grossest thing ever, and it makes me gag. Wipes do not count. I am fine with wipes. Ick. But anyway, but she is sitting up and crawling. She kinda crawls with a peg leg. She has her right leg straight and out to the side, and crawls like that.

I am now 11-1/2 weeks pregnant as well with our third precious child! This pregnancy has been so different...not throwing up all the time, but definitely can hardly eat, nausea lasts all day, and I am SO tired, ALL the time. My body aches a lot more, and it probably has a lot to do with having three so close together...my poor body... I've also gone numb in my face a couple times, which is a new thing. My doc says next time it happens to go to the ER....ummm...okay?? Stroke? really? Nothing since I have talked to the doc, except a twitching eye, probably unrelated....

Anyway, trying to catch up with my life, but as I write this, I am watching the clock and thinking, I am losing valuable nap time! So I am going to sleep! Nappy nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment