Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!

2010 is over, and 2011 has now begun! I, along with most people, have said there have been the bad things, but there has also been the awesome things. For me, 2011 is just another year with days that are just another day. I don't have any new resolutions or new goals. Yet, 2010 was a year in which there are several things to note -

January 6 brought us Ellie Louise - only 10 hours of labor and minutes of pushing, and out came a beautiful GIRL (we were surprised) - 9:52 am. 6 lb 13 oz. 21 1/2 inches. She has been such a joy and a delight! This first year of her life has gone by SO quick. Taylor and I are enthralled by her. She is changing before our eyes. Currently, she is walking, practically running, kicking soccer balls around, opening and shutting doors, putting things into boxes or drawers (I love finding toys in her pajama drawer - it makes me smile, however not so much when I find something in the toilet, haha), eating EVERYTHING that we eat (favorites are spaghetti and pancakes, however she has tried fish tacos, Thai food, stir fry, and I'm sure some other things that are very different), she has two teeth (on the bottom), she knows the signs for more, milk, and all done, she is learning to kiss and wave (not there yet), she sleeps all night, and is SUCH a joy when she wakes up!! She does so much more, but I've experienced all of this today so it is on the brain!

May 8 - we spread my grandmother's ashes. It was a sad day, yet we made it more about the memories and playing music, which she always enjoyed. I will miss her, and keep thinking about calling her and remembering that she is no longer here....

May 15 - we went on a trip to Connecticut where we celebrated one of Taylor's best friends getting married. We had such a great time!

June 5 is the day I found out we were expecting again!! CRAZY!!! And a bit of a shocker.

August was the big family reunion in Missouri, and I got to see one of my best friends, Rhiannon, whom I have not seen since she got married! It was a great week!

September 11 was the weekend of Taylor's Lemons Race - first experience, fun and yet very stressful. A new hobby was created, however one that has been on hold for a while...

October 12 we found out we are having a GIRL! We decided to find out this time :)

Pretty eventful year! The bible study I am in has been consistent and growing and I am getting closer and closer to the lovely ladies every time we meet. We have completed two studies - 12 extraordinary women and Stepping Up. Stepping Up was phenomenal and taught me a great deal and offered perspective that I needed at that point in my life.

Taylor and I have also branched off with community groups and now lead and host one in our home. I love the people in our group, and although we have lost a few, I hope and pray that our group can continue to grow in the Lord. We have decided to take a different approach this year, and do a more focused bible study. Very different for us, but I pray that God speaks through us.

Christmas was great this year! Ellie was very interested in everything she got and not so much the boxes and paper, which I thought was going to be the case. My parents and grandmother and sister came, which was so wonderful. We played a couple of pretty epic games. I do love my family.

2011 - things that are coming up this year!

Ellie is turning 1 on Thursday! It makes me want to cry! We are doing something not to big - hamburgers, hot dogs, and cupcakes, and having some family and friends over.

Gemma Lee is due on January 30! Keep posted for her arrival story very soon!

Taylor and my anniversary is August 5, and it will be FIVE YEARS!

Taylor's brother is getting married September 10 to a beautiful lady by the name of Erin!

So much to celebrate with everyone! So many babies are due! Weddings! Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment