Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh my! December already!

This year is going by so quickly!! As I write this, I am in Michigan, and I am seeing my first snow of the winter! It really does make a nice, warm feeling in my tummy. Wish my husband was still here so we could enjoy it together. But he is home in Longview working hard to make a living...he does such a great job. :) I decided to stay a few extra days so that Ellie could spend a bit more time with her Nana and Papa. We saw SO much family last week for Thanksgiving. It was really great. Taylor hasn't actually been in his parents' home in over a year. It was really great for him to be here. We saw pretty much everyone! This week has been much quieter because everyone has gone off to school or to home again. It has been also a very difficult time because Taylor's grandmother is recovering from a stroke that happened about two weeks ago. It is really hard to discern where she is at mentally.... It is hard to think that death is part of life. In church a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about one reason why we are alive is to die. I know where I am going, but it is still kinda scares me. It is hard to know how to pray for her... I just pray God is giving her peace of mind and speaking love to her heart in a way she understands.

Ellie is doing great! She is officially walking on her own, as of November 22!! She is eating everything! She had the cranberry, the turkey, the taters, the PIE! She just gobbled, gobbled, gobbled! It is getting harder and harder for me with all of her energy and ability to move. The constant getting up, getting down is really taking a toll on me, and I am aching a lot. Gemma is moving quite a bit, and I get a lot of back pressure. I am thankful that she is moving and growing, but I am getting uncomfortable.

Other than that, we are just counting down the days until new baby gets here, just about 8 weeks and 4 days until the due date. I think I will be early, but obviously, it is all unknown!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about Taylor's grandmother. It's so hard to watch someone start to fade away. I pray that the process is as smooth as possible all things considering. I am so excited that Ellie is walk and eating up a storm! That's so fun :) I loved it when my kiddos started walking, it was a lot more work but there was so much more I could do with them! Granted I was not growing another little one in my tummy, I can't imagine being pregnant and taking care of a little one. I was so wiped out all the time. Take care of yourself mama!

    ReplyDelete