Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunburned

This weekend was SUPER busy! My dad celebrated his 57th birthday on Thursday, and they came to Longview to celebrate by going to the Ricky Skagg's concert at LeTourneau. But first, we went to an Air Show at Barksdale Air Force Base. It was amazing how much being on the base felt like home. Even though we lived in Bossier City for a couple of years, we never lived on the base. But man did it feel like home. Looking at the housing, the pools, the barracks, the BX and the Commissary. Brings back so many memories, and I don't know how else to describe it except that it was kind of a comfort thing being back.

The Air Show was pretty cool with the exception that it was loud at times and made all the babies cry, even Ellie. The Thunderbirds were there. It was awesome. They all did some pretty neat tricks with the planes, things you wouldn't think were possible, at least for someone like me. The day was perfect, not TOO hot and a little windy, not a cloud in the sky - which is why I got a incredibly bad sunburn. I am in quite a bit of pain right now.

Taylor went on a barge trip with some guys from the floor. It was really cool for him because he was able to hang out with some guys he hasn't seen in quite a long time. I had a soccer game today. I think my skills are coming back little by little, I got a few goals today, and we won :) I just need to hustle and help my teammates a little bit more instead of leaving them to fight off a couple of defenders when I am like two feet away.

Then our incredibly awesome friends with their incredibly awesome kiddos treated us to a GREAT dinner...YUM! Thank you so much friends! You guys are great, and we are so blessed by your company and your friendship and your generosity, and I am so thankful to the Lord for you guys!

The church service was really convicting this morning; it was about prayer. He read a verse from 1 Samuel about how he was in sin when he was not in prayer for his people. I was convicted in the fact that I am not in prayer for my husband on a daily basis. Pray continually - God's Word, but I seldom do pray. My heart has been really heavy lately, and I am not sure why. I am hoping to dig more into the Word and more into PRAYER, and discover what the Lord is trying to teach me to my unhearing ears. Lord please help me listen! Open my heart and my ears O God!

No comments:

Post a Comment