Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Girl

I am definitely falling more in love with our daughter! she is soooo beautiful...and we just love her to pieces. It is getting more and more fun each day. She has recently began smiling for us and starting to make cooing noises. We just cherish every moment.



This past weekend, we went to visit with Oma and Grampa (my parents). The car ride went great. She did really well and slept the whole time. It is about a 2 1/2 drive, so not terribly far. Oma and Big Mama (my grandmother - also known as Boozie) just could not get enough of her. Boozie thinks that Ellie will become a piano player because of her gorgeous long fingers. Of course Dad, or Grampa, is thinking his guitar player, or other stringed instrument. He tried to get my sister and I interested. But let's just say that didn't work out. We do not care what she chooses to be passionate about. We will support her, whether it is the piano or mandolin, or soccer, or ballet, or basketball, or photography, whatever she wants! That will be exciting to see her grow in something she loves! Dad also took us to see Anne and Bob. Anne is the one who made Ellie beautiful handmade clothes.




I didn't get a picture with Oma, but here is one with Ellie and Grampa.



He is so cautious around her, but he is definitely wrapped around her little finger. I was changing her diaper and she was crying a little, he came barging into the room at her crying to save the day!! It was funny. Other than that, she heard many stories from Oma, and watched basketball games with Big Mama.

We are going on an airplane this Saturday to see Nana and Papa (Taylor's parents) and everyone in Michigan. I am a little nervous about the plane trip, but my best friend, Angie, is going to be going up to Michigan with me with her little ones. We planned it to be sitting next to one another all the way! It will be a good day basically hanging out with them! But I am excited for the visit, but sad that Taylor is going to be missing her.

OH!! And I made something else scrumptious with my deep covered dish! Tortellini with ham and spinach and a cheesy sauce! Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment