Seven weeks have flown by!! It is now 9:15 a.m. I just got through feeding Gemma and changing her just to have her completely FILL her diaper with some more yumminess, and being the lazy mom I am, I just put her in her bassinet, because how can I wake up my sleeping beauty just for a diaper change?? Nope, just let her sleep... And as I write this my other precious little girl is letting out little shouts of joy from her room, saying "Mom, I am ready to play!!" I love my little girls SO much. A couple of nights ago, Taylor looked at me and asked if he could go get Ellie and have her snuggle with us in bed. It had been a busy day, and he had seen her for maybe two minutes. I reluctantly said sure, uncertain if she would sleep at all. We did scare her a little waking her up to bring her in. We laid her down and she flopped a little, woke up a little, realized where she was, let out a little giggle, and then crawled to where she could lay her head right next to mine. In went the thumb, and she was asleep. It made my night to have her snuggle with me. Of course, we found out she flops like a fish in the night..haha. She would flop flop and then get back to where her head was touching mine. But after several slaps in the face and jabs in the ribs, we decided it was time to put her back in her crib. Ellie is our little babbler, she babbles and babbles, but no words. We THINK she knows Dada though. And yesterday on the changing table she waved her hand and said bye bye, I swear! But I can't get her to do it again.
Gemma is our little chunk. She has grown so much! At her one month, she was in the 98.5% for her height, and 96% for her weight. I am curious to see in a couple of weeks where she is at at 2 months. She did smile at me for the first time last week! It was precious! She smiles a lot with her eyes. She is really holding her head up quite a bit. She is not sleeping through the night yet, but I am to blame for that. I am not getting her on a consistent schedule through the day. I think once I do that, she will sleep 7-8 hours for me at night. She will go 5, but not consistently.
Taylor and I are doing great! He is going to Austin this weekend to see a friend play some music, and I will be by myself, well not quite. I called help on my parents. So they will be here to give this mom with 2 under 2 a hand. Or even a mom of 2 under 15 months a hand. HAH! That sounds better!
I am reading lots of cookbooks, and trying to expand my recipes and cooking experience. I am also trying to figure out how to organize my day and organize the girls' wake times, so that we are getting structure time and plenty of play time, down time, and devotional time. And of course, being able to clean the house and make an awesome dinner by the time Taylor gets home. I want to be able to overload my kids with the kisses and hugs they need and deserve. But also be on top of the discipline. I also am trying to think of the "perfect" time to work out. Haha...now to put into action.
Welp, Ellie, to begin the day with a scrambled egg and toast! And we shall attempt the grapes again, yes ma'am, you will eat the grapes and not throw them on the floor!
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment