Ellie and I have just spent the last week or so in Michigan with Taylor's family. It was such a wonderful visit :) !! We definitely flew. There is no way I could drive that whole way...18 hours or so. I can hardly drive one hour without falling asleep. I left with my friend Angie and her two kiddos. We had planned it to sit next to each other, but they would not allow more than two kids in a row, so we got split up. I got to sit next to an empty seat, which I have found VERY helpful because I can spread out a bit. She did great for her first trip. Every time she started to fuss, I just nursed her. The beginning of the week was quiet...lol...sort of. It was just me, Sue, Mike, Gerry, Don, Ephram, and Jordan, oh! and Ellie.
Don and Gerry just loved Ellie! They are Ellie's great-grandparents (Sue's parents). It was fun to just watch them talk to her and for her to just settle right into their arms. Sadly, Don went to the hospital the very next day, and stayed there until Saturday night. He is home now though and much better than when he went into the hospital.
Then, Ellie began to meet the rest of the family. Great-Nana came in on Wednesday night, Uncle Austin and Aunt Erin came in on Thursday afternoon and Aunt Leah came in on Friday morning. What a busy house, but great! Ellie is sure a loved little girl. I am so excited to see her grow up and get to know everyone. Family visists are going to be super duper fun as she learns new things and everyone is able to play with her!
Then, one of our sweet friends from the church, gave us a mini photo session! She got a TON of pictures of Ellie. I think I might go broke! Ellie did great! Hardly fussed at all. I didn't get any sleeping pictures because she was awake the whole time, but the pictures are just absolutely gorgeous!!
Ellie then met her Great-Aunt Cheryl and cousin Katie. We had a wonderful lunch together. It was a short visit, but sweet nonetheless.
Then, Mike and Sue's church family showed us their love by throwing us a baby shower. It was amazing. We received soo much love, not to mention, Ellie received so many adorable little outfits and support. She has no idea how many people love her and are praying for her. I definitely saw God's love through them. To those of you reading this: Thank you so much! God showed His love to me through each and every one of you! And what amazes me is that you guys don't know me, but you know Mike and Sue, and you are loving me because you love them! God's family is truly amazing, and thank you for accepting me!
And on that day, she met Uncle Chris, Uncle Brian and Aunt Kelley, Cousin Logan and Riley. My, she has a big family!
We are home now, the ride home from Michigan, I have to say was perfect. She was right on schedule, and didn't cry AT ALL!! Taylor and Ginny met us at the airport. We then went out to eat. And that is when I think all the traveling caught up. But, Ellie and I are enjoying the sunshine and are able to go outside. As much as I enjoyed Michigan, I am happy to be home and with Taylor. It was such a bummer that Taylor could not join us. Everyone was there, and he missed it. He won't be able to see everybody until the family reunion. I am definitely glad we are going this year.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment